Hilldrup, a premiere moving, storage and logistics company, founded in 1903 and headquartered in North Stafford, VA has an opening for a skilled fleet mechanic who is interested in making an impact in our organization and who has a desire to develop and grow with us. Working in our well-equipped, well-kept facility, the incumbent will be a part of a high-performing team that embraces and champions Hilldrup’s core values*—a team that is also highly energetic and consistently strives for excellence.
• Performs routine vehicle maintenance for long distance and short haul delivery trucks ensuring accuracy prior to vehicle’s release;
• Thoroughly diagnoses vehicle issues/concerns, develops appropriate repair solutions and ensures proper vehicle operation;
• Effectively embraces facility equipment and tools best practices related to maintenance and safety concerns;
• Provides roadside assistance to van operators, as necessary;
• Participates in safety and equipment training;
• Fully supports Hilldrup’s Mission and Vision; consistently exhibits and champions organization’s values.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Certification from an accredited mechanics school preferred;
• Three to five years of previous fleet and/or diesel mechanic experience;
• Experience servicing and repairing medium to heavy duty diesel and gas vehicles;
• Exceptional automotive electrical skills;
• Excellent verbal communication diagnostic and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a high-performing team;
• Ability to work hours after scheduled shifts and/or on weekends;
• CDL license preferred;
* Incumbents will be expected to embrace and champion Hilldrup’s organizational competencies/values:
1. Empowered Accountability
2. Fearless Communication
3. Infectious Positivity
4. Purposeful Agility
5. Uncompromised Integrity
6. Unwavering Commitment
Hilldrup offers competitive pay and an engaging work environment, health and welfare benefits (that begin on the employee’s first day), flexible work arrangements (including 4/10s) and a sign-on bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled