Award-Winning Service and Care
Hilldrup is built on one simple concept: Be the best at what we do, and success will follow. Staying true to this mission has allowed us to serve our customers for 120 years. While we don’t do this for awards and acclaim, we have been recognized as an industry leader along the way.
We’ve been honored to receive the following accolades over the years:
UniGroup’s Member of the Year Award
- The award measures critical data, which impacts relocating customers as well as UniGroup, such as on-time delivery, claims ratio, revenue growth and collaboration within the network to exceed customer expectations. We were honored to be recognized out of more than 200 member agents throughout the UniGroup network.
United Van Lines’ Customer Excellence Award
27-time Honoree – An Unprecedented Record in the Industry
- Award is presented to the organization with the highest customer service scores.
- Honor presented by UniGroup, Inc., the parent company of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
- Hilldrup is the only agent in the UniGroup system to have been honored with this award 27 times.
President’s Quality Award
- The highest honor given to any United Van Lines agent, based on: consistent high customer service ranking; outstanding claims ratio; excellent safety ranking and best score for “willingness to recommend.”
Best Moving Company: Greenville, SC
2021, 2022 Finalist & 2023 Winner
As voted by our customers and clients in the Greenville area and beyond.
Best Moving Company: Fredericksburg, VA
2016 – 2023
As voted by our customers and clients in the Fredericksburg area and beyond.
Best Moving Company: Stafford, VA
2019 – 2021; 2023
As voted by our customers and clients in the Stafford area and beyond.
Best Moving Company: Richmond, VA
2016 – 2020
As voted by our customers and clients in the Richmond area and beyond.
Best Moving Company: Atlanta, GA
2019 – 2023
As voted by our customers and clients in the Gwinnett area and beyond.
Best Employer: Greenville, SC
2022 & 2023 Finalist
As voted by our employees in the Greenville-Spartanburg region and beyond.
Best Place to Work: Fredericksburg, VA
2018, 2022 Finalist & 2023
As voted by our employees in the Stafford-Fredericksburg region and beyond.
Masters Club Inner Circle Award
- In recognition of United and Mayflower agents who exemplify outstanding sales performance.
UniGroup Sales Excellence Award
- Honors a professional who exemplifies integrity, a customer-focused approach in all aspects of service and contributes to agency and system profitability.
Performance Excellence Awards
2016 – 2020
- Awarded to UniGroup agents with the best overall customer service and claims scores
President’s Club Awards
- Awarded to those UniGroup agents with the highest revenue
Gold Supplier Innovation Award
- Industry leadership in executing virtual surveys during the 2017 Cartus Global Network Conference
Sales Achievement Awards
- Hilldrup is routinely recognized as the top agent for the following business lines for all United Van Lines.
- National Account
- International – Hilldrup is the top international agent
United Van Lines Operator of the Year
Awarded to a United Van Lines’ Van Operator based on their performance in the following areas: Total Linehaul Revenue, Safety Rating, Claim Liability Percentage and Customer Satisfaction Rating.
- 2020 Winner – Oluwaseun “Olu” Osinowo
- 2019 Winner – Johnny Abbott
- 2015 Winner – Robert “Bob” Fitzgerald
- 2012 Winner – Dennis Putnam, Jr.
Mayflower’s Van Operator of the Year Award Winner
- Awarded to a United Van Operator based on performance in the following areas: Total Linehaul Revenue, Safety Rating, Claim Liability Percentage and Customer Satisfaction Rating.
- 2022 Winner: Eric Galioto
- 2020 Winner: William “Billy” Poole
UniGroup Lifetime Achievement Award
- Accolade honors a leader within the UniGroup enterprise who has exhibited visionary guidance, a commitment to the customer, and outstanding industry leadership.
- 2019 Recipient: Charles G. McDaniel, Chairman
American Moving and Storage Association’s (AMSA) Super Van Operator of the Year
- Recognizes owner-operators who provide the best in safe, reliable, and customer-oriented household goods trucking transportation.
- 2019 Winner: Johnny Abbott
American Moving and Storage Association’s (AMSA) Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
- Recognizes the nation’s top Van Operators who have built a reputation for professional excellence and made significant contributions leading to overall industry growth and advancement.
- 2017 Winner: Robert “Bob” Fitzgerald
Heart of Quality Award
- Multiple Hilldrup Move Coordinators have earned this honor from United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit since the award’s inception.
FAIMPLUS Quality Assurance Certification | Top Performer
- Hilldrup is the only U.S. member of the FIDI Global Alliance to hold the FAIM certification at all of our branch offices. It is a testament to Hilldrup’s extensive industry knowledge, expansive resources and global commitment to excellence.
Top Performer 2023 – 2026
- Hilldrup exceeded FIDI’s FAIMPLUS standard, defined by FIDI as the essential requirements needed to provide quality service in the international moving of household goods, to earn a Top Performer rating for 2023 – 2026.
FIDI Academy’s Commitment to Excellence Gold Award
- In accordance with the FAIM requirements and in order to promote the development of employees within the industry, FIDI is keen to reward companies for their support in driving and promoting international industry knowledge amongst their employees.
Benevolence in Business Award
- Presented by the Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce in recognition of a business that has an exceptional brand, a strong reputation and community/business outreach.
Stafford Cornerstone Award
- In recognition of Hilldrup’s legacy and direct impact on the local community in terms of economic growth, workforce contributions and charitable giving.
- Hilldrup Stafford, VA