How is my delivery window determined?
Your delivery window is based on the weight of your shipment and miles to your destination.
What is a third-party company and what do they do?
If you have certain unique or specialty items, we may decide it is best to bring in a moving partner with the expertise necessary to move those items safely. This can include assembling/disassembling workout equipment and pool tables, hot tubs, etc.
- Specialty items include:
- Washers, dryers
- Water beds, Select Comfort and Sleep Number beds
- Swing sets
- Workout equipment
- Pool tables
- Hot tubs
What are the “non-allowable” items? Why can’t we ship certain things?
Not everything is safe to move. Some things might spoil, damage other items or pose a safety risk to you and our crew. Please ask your Move Counselor for a full list of non-allowables or watch our video for more information.
Will the house be livable while the crews are there?
Yes, we can save your beds for last and set aside a “last-minute box” for things like towels and other necessities.
What do I need to do to prepare for the crew?
- We recommend looking over our residential moving guide to give you a full understanding of what you need to do before your packing starts.
- If you have anything you would not like packed, please set this aside so the crew doesn’t confuse it and pack it.
- You are responsible for removing anything hung on the wall and disconnecting and unplugging all electronic devices.
- If you have certain boxes going to storage and others to your new home, it’s helpful to used colored sticky notes to distinguish between the two shipments.
How much should I tip? Do I have to tip? Is the tip included in the cost of the move?
- You aren’t obligated to tip, but tip is not included.
- Crews don’t expect tip, and it’s at your discretion. If you do provide one, please give the money to the team lead, who will allocate it to their team.