About Legoland Hotel
Legoland Hotel is the perfect hospitality destination for kids and families to enjoy. Located in central Florida, the hotel includes a brand new expansion tower spanning six stories with an endless amount of fun and design all inspired by LEGO. Hilldrup Logistics’ team got to work, beginning in December 2019, in order to help with installing the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) of the new six-story tower, which included its guest rooms, restaurant and bar areas. Hilldrup stayed on schedule to receive, deliver and install each unique item inspired by Legoland’s themes and designs, by the completion date of early April 2020.
As an asset-based company, Hilldrup only trusted the best professionals, warehouses and equipment to serve Legoland’s renovation project – our very own! From receiving and storage, to delivery and installation of FF&E, our team exclusively handled each detail of the logistics project, which included:
- Project planning and management from a dedicated, on-site Hilldrup manager
- Coordinating the shipment of items to our Hilldrup-owned facilities
- Custom bunkbeds and furniture items were shipped from Brazil to Hilldrup’s warehouse in Orlando, FL
- Real-time, online inventory management and tracking of all shipments to ensure their safe and timely delivery to our facilities
- Reporting of when shipments were expected, received and delivered by our team
- Full delivery and installation services of all FF&E in guest rooms
- Assembly and installation of 150 custom bunk beds
- Hanging of sconces, light fixtures and drapery
- Placing all mirrors and graphics properly and carefully in accordance with the on-site design team
- Coordinating delivery and installation of various sized mattresses
- Installing items reserved for Legoland Hotel’s restaurant, bar and patio area
By The Numbers
200,000 pounds of FF&E
Phases of delivery
Custom bunk beds
Custom treasure chests
Pool lounge chairs
The Hilldrup Advantage and Differentiators
The advantage of using the Hilldrup team means that our own assets, resources, attention to detail and world-class service were provided from start to finish. Hilldrup performed proactive reporting of items we received in our warehouse so that communications and future plans were clear for Legoland Hotel’s team and ours. This was critical since items were being shipped in from overseas which meant that any kind of delay had the potential to impact our timelines. Instead, by tracking, we could eliminate the chance of shipments being lost or delayed and avoid prolonged lead times.
Because Hilldrup is an asset-based company, our team is able to provide fast, more efficient communication because we rely only on our Hilldrup team members to get the job done right. By handling the delivery and install with our team, Hilldrup has the unique ability to create important synergies and allow flexibility for the customer. This allows us to be agile should there be any changes to the project timeline or schedule. Because Hilldrup’s service teams operate our warehouses, we can prepare the FF&E exactly how and when the delivery team and customer expects it. Our project managers are familiar with the product in each phase – from the moment the items are delivered to us, through when install day arrives. By receiving every product and managing each item through the project timeline, our project managers can ensure an easy install every time. Our facilities are never shared with another company or vendor – if it’s in our warehouse, it’s a Hilldrup project. Hilldrup is the name that the hospitality industry knows it can rely on because we own, operate and manage the assets and resources from beginning to end.
Download Case Study
Keep easy access to this case study by downloading a PDF here.
Project TypeLogistics Solutions
TimelineDecember 2019 – April 2021 6 Phases
Provided ServicesHospitality FF&E
I would work with Hilldrup again on future projects because I know the level of quality and thoroughness they’ll deliver, plus their ability to meet the project’s schedule. The on-site team makes sure to avoid unnecessary downtime, and the office team ensures there is a strategic plan in place to accomplish the job on time and within budget,